Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Taiwan Series (Template:Zh) is the championship series of the Chinese Professional Baseball League. It is usually played in October, after the regular season. It was formerly known as the CPBL Seasonal Championship Series (Template:Zh), and was renamed the Taiwan Series after the merger of the Chinese Professional Baseball League and the Taiwan Major League in 2003. Starting in 2005, the winner of the Taiwan Series competes in the Asia Series.
Teams play two fifty-game half seasons. The two half-season winners are automatically the number one and two seeds. The one with the better full-season record gains an automatic berth into the Taiwan Series. The other team must play a best three-of-five game series against the non-winner who had the best full-season record. If the same team wins both halves, the next two teams with the best full-season record will play in the first round. The winner plays in the Taiwan Series, but reduced to having the home-field advantage only two times in the series.
- Chinese Professional Baseball League
- Baseball awards: Taiwan (Republic of China)
- 2006 Chinese Professional Baseball League Playoffs
- 2007 Chinese Professional Baseball League Playoffs
- Chinese Professional Baseball League (in Chinese)
- History of the Chinese Professional Baseball League (in English)
- Taiwanese Baseball Primer