The Korea Baseball Organization (KBO) is the governing body for the professional leagues of baseball in South Korea. KBO should not be confused with the KBO League. KBO was founded in 1981, has been governing two leagues what are Korea Professional Baseball and Futures League, farm league) from 1982. It is one of two major baseball governing bodies; the other is the Korea Baseball Association, which is the governing body for the amateur baseball competitions.
KBO is a member of the International Baseball Federation (IBAF), and is responsible for the national baseball team for the Olympics, World Baseball Classic, and Asian Games, Asia Series. The Korea Baseball Association, however, is in charge of the other international competitions, such as World Youth Baseball Championship, World Junior Baseball Championship, World University Baseball Championship, World Cup, and Intercontinental Cup.
See also Edit
- Korea Baseball Association (KBA)
- International Baseball Federation (IBAF)
- Baseball Federation of Japan
- Australian Baseball Federation
- Baseball Federation of Asia
- Baseball Confederation of Oceania
- Confederation of European Baseball
- Pan American Baseball Confederation