Born on December 4, 1986 in Houston, Texas, he was a two-sport star at Memorial High School, splitting time between football and baseball, before he suffered a back injury ending his brief football career.
He hit .413 as a junior, with 4 home runs and 23 RBIs in 2004. In his senior year he earned all-state honors with .519 batting average, 5th-best in the Houston area, and was 2nd in the Houston area in both home runs and RBIs. Though not his forte, he also had success on the pitcher's mound, with a 7-1 record and a 1.75 ERA
The Houston Astros picked Clemens in the 8th round of the amateur draft, 254th overall, also as a third baseman. He signed, for a $380,000 bonus. In 2005 he played his first minor league baseball season, hitting .297 with 4 homers and 17 RBIs in 33 games for the Rookie League Greeneville Astros, and .281 with 6 RBIs in 9 games with the Class A- Tri-City Valley Cats, for whom he was the youngest player. Overall, he committed 15 errors in 32 games at third.
Through 2006, in the minors he has batted .249 with 9 home runs, 63 RBIs, 7 stolen bases (while being caught once), and a .385 slugging percentage in 449 at bats.
- He has expressed no intent or desire to pitch like his father, who himself feels that his son should make it on his own merits, not just ride on the family name.
- Koby Clemens has appeared just once as a pitcher in professional baseball, as the starting pitcher for the Lexington Legends during a 2006 game.
- Koby Clemens hit a home run off of his father Roger Clemens in a simulated game, where Roger was pitching to minor leaguers. In his next at bat, Roger threw a brushback pitch at Koby for the home run.
- On June 25, 2006, Koby was in the news again in a game against the Asheville Tourists. He was declared safe in a controversial play on second, leading Tourists manager Joe Mikulik to go on a rampage.
- ↑ www.TexasSports.com
- ↑ .http://184.108.40.206/search?q=cache:lwSny8DjDKkJ:www.dailytexanonline.com/news/2005/06/16/Sports/From-Longhorn.To.Astro.The.Rise.Of.The.Rocket-957588.shtml+%22koby+clemens%22+austin+memorial&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&lr=lang_en
- ↑ 403 Forbidden
- ↑ The Official Site of The Houston Astros: News: Houston Astros News
- ↑ Koby Clemens Statistics - The Baseball Cube
- ↑ ESPN - Koby Clemens takes Dad deep, then gets buzzed - MLB
- The Baseball Cube - Career Statistics