Jared Christopher Mitchell (born October 13, 1988 in New Iberia, Louisiana) is a former college baseball and college football player for both the LSU Tigers baseball team and the LSU Tigers football team.
"They came at me hard but kept [the offer] around the same as the original," Mitchell said. "I had a number in my head, and they never got there. It's a great organization; things just didn't work out when we had a chance to do something. Who knows what will happen three years down the line?"
Mitchell was drafted in the first round (23Template:Rd overall) of the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft by the Chicago White Sox. White Sox scouting director Doug Laumann was familiar with Mitchell because he played the past two summers in an amateur league near Laumann's Cincinnati-area residence. He will begin his pro career with the Kannapolis Intimidators, the Class A affiliate of the White Sox.
- 2008 NCAA Regional All-Tournament Team
- 2008 Second-Team All-Louisiana
- SEC Freshman of the Week (Feb. 26, 2007)
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube
- ↑ "LSU freshman courted by Twins will play football", ESPN, August 15, 2006. Retrieved on June 24, 2009.
- ↑ Cowley, Joe. "White Sox select outfielder Jared Mitchell", Sun-Times News Group, June 9, 2009. Retrieved on June 24, 2009.
- ↑ Gonzales, Mark. "White Sox draft LSU's Jared Mitchell with first pick", Chicago Tribune, June 9, 2009. Retrieved on June 24, 2009.
- ↑ 2007 LSU Season Statistics
- ↑ 2008 LSU Season Statistics
- ↑ 2009 LSU Season Statistics