Erie Shores Collegiate LeagueEdit
Founded in 2005, and comprised of college players from across the country, the Erie Shores Collegiate League existed for only one season. Headquartered in Perrysburg, OH and received administrative support from the city of Toledo, OH. The Erie Shores Collegiate League was designed to be one of the nation's Summer Collegiate Baseball leagues. Despite financial failings, the league was fairly successful and multiple teams earned spots in the National Amateur Baseball Federation College Division World Series Tournament.
Each team in the ESCL operated in a similar manner to a professional minor league team, although all players were unpaid in order to maintain NCAA eligibility. ESCL teams provided players an opportunity to play at a Minor League style of play using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips and playing nightly before fans in a stadium.
Several ESCL teams went on to form the Tri-State Collegiate League in 2006.
- Allegheny Athletics- Wexford, PA- League Champions
- Canton Big E Sports- Canton, OH
- Ohio Storm- Perrysburg, OH
- Pittsburgh Pandas- Pittsburgh, PA 2nd Place
- Pittsburgh Tigers- Slippery Rock, PA
- Sandusky Bay Stars- Sandusky, OH
- Strongsville PB Baseball- Strongsville, OH
- Tri County Diamonds- Eastlake North High School
- Vermilion Veterans- Oberlin College